Region 5 - Mandt Trainings for 2012-13
Mandt Trainings for Region 5 Schools are now posted on the Montana Professional Development Portal (www.cspd.net) (Region 5 includes schools in the following counties: Flathead, Lake, Lincoln, Mineral, Missoula, Ravalli, Sanders)
Click on links for trainings closest to you.
Cost for trainings:
- Relational (Basic) - $50 per person
day session, focusing on behavior management strategies for staff who
work on a daily basis with students who are, for the most part,
cooperative. Emphasis on strategies to de-escalate and manage behavior
before it gets out of control. This does not allow you to do any
restraints on anyone.
- Technical (Intermediate) - $75 per person
- Advanced behavior management techniques for staff who work daily with students who are uncooperative and may become aggressive. Includes training on using restraint. Required for teachers, administrators and paraeducators working with students needing restraint. Relational (Basic) Mandt is a prerequisite and must be taken before this session. Intermediate Mandt must be taken within 14 days of the Basic Mandt.
- Recertification - $65 per person (partially funded through CSPD-Part B Grant)
- Prerequisite: Must have completed Relational and Technical or Recertification within the past 12 months. Review of technical training. Participants should study manuals and be ready to review Mandt procedures. Should be taken on an annual basis within 12 months of previous training for staff working with students where restraint is being used. If you go past 12 months, Basic/ Intermediate Mandt must be retaken.
Registration is on the Montana Professional Development Portal: www.cspd.net
- If you need assistance with registration, please contact our helpdesk at email@example.com or 728-2400 ext 1031.
- Please fax a purchase order with the names of the participants, dates and title of training to 406-728-2417
HOST TRAINING: Bring Mandt Training to your district. Cost is $500 per day plus mileage (if applicable). Districts are responsible for scheduling location and facilitating registration. Click here to request training.